Stay Fit, Fabulous and Healthy the Sensible Way
For many women, exercise is an important part of their lives, and they want to continue their exercise programs during pregnancy. In most cases, they can. Numerous studies have demonstrated that, in low-risk pregnancies, moderate or even vigorous exercise is safe for the baby. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (ACOG) now recommends that most pregnant women participate in 30 minutes or more of moderate exercise on most, if not all, days of the week.
Pregnancy creates a range of physical changes that can alter the quality of musculoskeletal function, both short and long term postnatal. Our program incorporates pre and postnatal exercise to maximise spinal health. You will learn how to limit the risk of pre and post natal exercising through the latest scientific research and apply this to practical and enjoyable exercises.
Benefits of Exercise in Pregnancy
Some of the benefits of exercising regularly throughout your pregnancy include:
- Resistance to fatigue
- Stronger back muscles, which can help manage back pain and strain as your belly grows
- Improved posture
- Smaller gain of body fat
- Stress relief
- Improved sleep and management of insomnia
- Preparation for the physical demands of labour
- Faster recuperation after labour
- Faster return to pre-pregnancy fitness and healthy weight
- Increased ability to cope with physical demands of motherhood
Objectives of a Pregnancy Program
A pregnancy health and fitness program will help you to understand the:
- benefits of exercise prior to and during pregnancy
- physical changes that occur during pregnancy
- effects of exercise on you and your baby
- Ubenefits of exercising post-pregnancy
A good fitness advisor for pregnant women has ability to understand, listen, support, and encourage those they coach. Look good and feel great during your pregnancy.